Sunday 24 October 2010

Go Giants

We arrived in San Francisco and the heat wave left in favour of a British wet and windy autumn.
That aside San Francisco and Marin are still as lovely as the last time I was here.

My sister Petra met us from the airport and got a bit lost in downtown SF on the way home leading to a few tense moments in with me following her in a big automatic SUV and some VERY steep hills. Each of those famous hill and plateaux have a stop sign at the top and I had my foot so hard on the brake to stop our car rolling back in hurt. I moved my foot to the acclerator and felt the big dodge roll back towards the car behind who had his hand on the horn.....not really what we/I needed after a 6 hour flight on United (most pony airline in the world flying 1970's buckets that you cant move in) Airways and two kids who refused to sleep.

My family kindly looked after the girls and Caitlyn and I had the most amazing night out in the city. We rented a Vitorian apartment in Pacific Heights http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/56200?price=155 went for a massage in JapanTown with an two iron fingered girls who nearly broke us both....in a nice way.
Went to a famous San Francisco show in North Beach called Beach Blanket Babylon http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com which was camp caberet at its finest. Went into Caps bar to watch the last 20 minutes of the SF Giants making it into the World Series (great vibe but not the first clue to what was going on.....rounders with attitude it seems) and on for a great meal. One of the best nights out I have ever had.

The massive Dodge SUV from the hire company had a nail in the tire and much faux disgruntled complaining earned us the ridiculous (but fun) Chrysler 300 weapon that Caitlyn is sitting on and which we will be tooling up to Yosemite and round California for the next month.

We leave in the morning and are hoping that the Tioga pass reopens after a big snowfall so we can drive all the way across Yosemite and up to my Aunt's in the Sierra Nevada's.

Pleae check out all the pics and will report in from the mountains where there is dial up internet only. Like you must me kidding dude!

Go Giants

No comments:

Post a Comment